Winter is cold, but this tasty and simple Winter Sangria is sure to warm you up. Consider it an excellent addition to your festive season that can be served warm or chilled!
1 pear, sliced
1 apple, sliced
4 clementines, quartered
1 cup pomegranate arils
¼ cup brown sugar
1-2 cinnamon sticks
1 bottle RELAX Cool Red
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 cup orange juice
1-2 cups Ginger ale or club soda (optional)
To Serve Warm
1. Combine wine, juice, sugar and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over low heat and heat until the sugar has melted.
2. Add the pears, apples, clementines and let simmer for 5 minutes.
When serving, remove cinnamon stick. Pour into heat resistant glasses and top with pomegranate arils.
To Serve Chilled:
1. In the bottom of a large pitcher, combine your fruit and pomegranate arils.
2. Sprinkle the brown sugar over top and drop in the cinnamon stick.
3. Pour all the liquids over the fruit.
4. Stir well, cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
When serving, remove cinnamon stick and pour into glasses. Top with a splash of ginger ale or club soda. Cheers!