While most would agree that football typically calls for beer, the Super Bowl is a special day. Many, including us, like to go all out on food and drinks. That means not only beer, but also an array of other irresistible drinks to satisfy your guests!
When it comes to wine on such an occasion, big, full, rich wines aren’t always the best pick. Instead we suggest one of these crowd pleasing recipes using winter fruits. Both Sangrias will pair well with your super spread. Serve the mulled wine as a dessert option or to keep everyone warm and toasty.
Super White Pear and Apple Sangria
1 honey crisp apple, cubed
1 Asian pear (also known as Chinese white pear), cubed
3 oz. triple sec
2 cups diet ginger ale
1 bottle of RELAX Pinot Grigio
1. Wash the fruit and cube the pear and apples. Add to empty pitcher.
2. Pour the triple sec, wine and 1 cup of ginger ale over the fruit.
3. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
4. Before serving, top with 1 cup of ginger ale.
Super Riesling Sangria
1 lime, sliced
1 green apple, sliced
1 bottle of RELAX Riesling
1/4 cup brandy
1 tbsp sugar
1 cup green grapes, frozen
1 cup club soda
1. Add the lime and apple to an empty pitcher.
2. Pour in the wine, brandy and sugar.
3. Mix, making sure to dissolve the sugar.
4. Cover the pitcher and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
5. Before serving, top with club soda and drop in frozen grapes.
Big Game Mulled Wine Punch
1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
48 oz., 6 cups cranberry juice cocktail
1/4 cup raisins
5 cinnamon sticks
2 bottles of RELAX Cool Red
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup triple sec
1 large orange, sliced
1. Rinse cranberries and put in a large pot (5-6 quarts).
2. Add cranberry juice, raisins and cinnamon sticks.
3. Bring to a boil over high heat; cover and simmer on low heat to blend flavors, about 15-20 minutes.
4. Add wine and sugar, to taste.
5. Heat until steaming, 5 to 8 minutes; be careful not to boil.
6. Add orange liqueur before serving.
7. Keep punch warm over lowest heat and ladle into cups. You can also transfer to a crockpot for easy serving.
8. Garnish with orange slices.